Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team – and it’s a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo’s future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
One of the principal responsibilities of a network analytics engineer is to measure Mobile & Fixed networks performance and generate required analytics and insights for management.
The Senior level will execute many of the same activities as the Junior and Mid level, but in addition, will typically work on more complex, larger and higher importance/impact projects. The Senior level will also typically be expected to deliver highly optimal results as a result of broader and deeper experience.
– One of the principal responsibilities of a network analytics engineer is to measure networks performance, customer experience and generate required analytics and insights.
– Mobile & Fixed Network level KPIs analysis to improve experience, quality and capacity utilization.
– Design CEM architecture and extensions to networks.
– Shall take into account bandwidth requirements, infrastructure requirements, security and potential network expansion.
– The Network Engineer should look ahead and design the solutions to accommodate growth in traffic.
– Regularly review KPIs formulas and updated the tools.
– Build additional dashboards using BI/DWH and big data technologies as required. Correlate network data with other data sources for better insights.
– Explore Network AI and Machine learning technologies for network performance, troubleshooting and dimensioning.
– Conduct POCs as required.
– Review solution designs, highlight issues and recommend for fixes
– Work closely with Ooredoo Group, to identify best practices and align Ooredoo Kuwait solutions with group’s Target reference architecture
– Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving competitors.
– Contribute in strategic and budget planning, preparation of 3 Year Business Plan and Annual Operating Plan for network elements and associated services.
– Network engineer must properly document the networks related solutions.
– Ensure that upper management is informed on all critical issues pertaining to the area responsible for.
– Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors.
– Engineering graduate with Electronics & Telecommunications subjects
– Advanced working knowledge of GSM, UMTS, LTE and 5G technologies
– Good knowledge in IP concept
– General Telecom industry knowledge
– Good working knowledge on window applications software packages (e.g. MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project etc)
– Good verbal and written communication skills English. Arabic would be an advantage.
– Strong Technical & Analytical skills
– Advance knowledge of Core Network architecture
– Advanced knowledge of QoS architecture
– Advance customer experience measurements
– Strong interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills with the ability to elaborate complex technologies to a broad based audience
– Strong knowledge of working with multivendor
– Bachelor degree in Telecommunication / Electronic Engineering or related discipline and appropriate registration with a recognised professional institute
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
– Resume / cv
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.